- 1 What does it mean to felicitate?
- 2 How do you felicitate?
- 3 What is the meaning of felicitation Programme?
- 4 How do you use felicitate in a sentence?
- 5 Why do we felicitate?
- 6 What does despair mean?
- 7 What is felicitation address?
- 8 How do you respond to felicitations?
- 9 What is the meaning of snobbery?
- 10 What is the synonym of felicitation?
- 11 How do you invite to a felicitation speech?
- 12 How do you use misapprehension in a sentence?
What does it mean to felicitate?
Definition of felicitate (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. 1 archaic: to make happy. 2a: to consider happy or fortunate. b: to offer congratulations to.
How do you felicitate?
You need to spend some time with him and get him to talk about his achievements, before the event. A full salutation, a few remarks related to the subject and the honouree are the right beginnings of this speech. Reply to the Felicitation Speech: This speech is given by the person who is being felicitated.
What is the meaning of felicitation Programme?
A felicitation is when you congratulate someone. Your best friend might express his felicitation on your birthday by giving you flowers. You’ll almost always see the noun felicitation in its plural form, felicitations.
How do you use felicitate in a sentence?
Use “felicitate” in a sentence | “felicitate” sentence examples
- I felicitate myself on my narrow escape.
- Allow me to felicitate you upon the birth of your daughter.
- The whole family felicitated John on his new appointment.
- We felicitated John on his engagement to marry.
- At the same time, I felicitate myself for the enlightenment and never being affected by these influences again.
Why do we felicitate?
Therefore even in the new age of conferences, social events, gatherings, ceremonies, retirement parties a Shawl is presented/ adorned to the VIP/ dignitary/ guest. It is considered a rich felicitation present and signifies respect and gratitude.
What does despair mean?
1: utter loss of hope a cry of despair gave up in despair. 2: a cause of hopelessness an incorrigible child is the despair of his parents. despair. verb. despaired; despairing; despairs.
What is felicitation address?
The purpose of the felicitation speech is to recognize as well as reward the main achievements of any individual, group of people, or an entire organization. A felicitation speech is usually given at events aimed at recognition of the individual contribution of a person to the society and working community.
How do you respond to felicitations?
Dear Sir, Thank You for your letter requesting me to preside over the felicitation ceremony for Mrs. Hemevati Rani Singhania. I heartily and gratefully accept this offer.
What is the meaning of snobbery?
Snobbery is an unattractive trait caused by a person’s belief that he or she is inherently better than others. Most snobbery has to do with social class and the idea that someone who has more money or went to a fancier school is worthier than someone who doesn’t have these advantages.
What is the synonym of felicitation?
In this page you can discover 10 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for felicitate, like: congratulate, praise, greet, reject, wish one joy, salute, compliment, commend, hail and condemn.
How do you invite to a felicitation speech?
“My wish isn’t to mean everything to everyone but something to someone.” Here, I invite [first felicitation speech deliverer] to grace the occasion by his words. Thank you very much sir for sharing with us your thoughts.
How do you use misapprehension in a sentence?
Misapprehension in a Sentence
- The doctor was under the misapprehension that the patient was sick when in reality he was faking it the whole time.
- By reading her student’s confusing paper, the professor knew that there was a misapprehension of the subject matter that needed to be cleared up.