- 1 What do we mean by felicitation?
- 2 How do you felicitate someone?
- 3 Why do we felicitate?
- 4 How do you use felicitation in a sentence?
- 5 What is felicitation speech?
- 6 What does despair mean?
- 7 How do you use the word felicitate?
- 8 How do you respond to felicitations?
- 9 What can I say instead of congratulations?
- 10 How do you spell felicitate?
- 11 How do you invite to a felicitation speech?
- 12 What is the synonym of felicitation?
- 13 How do you use remarkable in a sentence?
What do we mean by felicitation?
noun. an expression of good wishes; congratulation.
How do you felicitate someone?
Expressions to congratulate someone in English
- Congratulations. This is the most common and suitable expression to congratulate someone.
- Felicitations. This expression is more formal and a little less widespread.
- Three Cheers. The term cheers goes back to the late 12th century or early 13th century.
Why do we felicitate?
Therefore even in the new age of conferences, social events, gatherings, ceremonies, retirement parties a Shawl is presented/ adorned to the VIP/ dignitary/ guest. It is considered a rich felicitation present and signifies respect and gratitude.
How do you use felicitation in a sentence?
the act of acknowledging that someone has an occasion for celebration. 1. May I offer my felicitations on your engagement. 2.
What is felicitation speech?
The purpose of the felicitation speech is to recognize as well as reward the main achievements of any individual, group of people, or an entire organization. A felicitation speech is usually given at events aimed at recognition of the individual contribution of a person to the society and working community.
What does despair mean?
1: utter loss of hope a cry of despair gave up in despair. 2: a cause of hopelessness an incorrigible child is the despair of his parents. despair. verb. despaired; despairing; despairs.
How do you use the word felicitate?
Shivlal said it was an honour to felicitate such an outstanding cricketer and a thorough gentleman. I felicitate you heartily, sir, on your success, but beg I may be spared the story of it. I felicitate you on the superior and lofty aims which have drawn you together.
How do you respond to felicitations?
Dear Sir, Thank You for your letter requesting me to preside over the felicitation ceremony for Mrs. Hemevati Rani Singhania. I heartily and gratefully accept this offer.
What can I say instead of congratulations?
- felicitations. Congratulations! Well done! 121.
- kudos. Credit or praise for an achievement; glory; fame.
- congrats. (Informal) A short form of congratulations.
- good-for-you. An exclamation of encouragement.
- good work.
- way-to-go. (Idiomatic) an expression of congratulations approval. Advertisement.
- best wishes.
How do you spell felicitate?
verb (used with object), fe·lic·i·tat·ed, fe·lic·i·tat·ing. to compliment upon a happy event; congratulate. Archaic. to make happy.
How do you invite to a felicitation speech?
“My wish isn’t to mean everything to everyone but something to someone.” Here, I invite [first felicitation speech deliverer] to grace the occasion by his words. Thank you very much sir for sharing with us your thoughts.
What is the synonym of felicitation?
In this page you can discover 10 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for felicitate, like: congratulate, praise, greet, reject, wish one joy, salute, compliment, commend, hail and condemn.
How do you use remarkable in a sentence?
Remarkable sentence example
- You’re a truly remarkable man.
- He was a man of remarkable literary gifts as well as a good soldier.
- It is remarkable that we know so much of them as we do.
- Remember the remarkable Norman Borlaug?
- Two mountain rescue volunteers descended with remarkable agility to where he crouched.