- 1 What is the meaning of felicitation?
- 2 How do you felicitate someone?
- 3 How do you use felicitation in a sentence?
- 4 What is the meaning of facilitate?
- 5 What is felicitation speech?
- 6 Why do we felicitate?
- 7 What can I say instead of congratulations?
- 8 How do you respond to felicitations?
- 9 How do you write a felicitation?
- 10 What is the synonym of felicitation?
- 11 What is dogmatic in English?
- 12 What are facilitation skills?
- 13 What word means to make easier?
What is the meaning of felicitation?
noun. an expression of good wishes; congratulation.
How do you felicitate someone?
Expressions to congratulate someone in English
- Congratulations. This is the most common and suitable expression to congratulate someone.
- Felicitations. This expression is more formal and a little less widespread.
- Three Cheers. The term cheers goes back to the late 12th century or early 13th century.
How do you use felicitation in a sentence?
the act of acknowledging that someone has an occasion for celebration. 1. May I offer my felicitations on your engagement. 2.
What is the meaning of facilitate?
: to make (something) easier: to help cause (something): to help (something) run more smoothly and effectively. See the full definition for facilitate in the English Language Learners Dictionary. facilitate. verb.
What is felicitation speech?
The purpose of the felicitation speech is to recognize as well as reward the main achievements of any individual, group of people, or an entire organization. A felicitation speech is usually given at events aimed at recognition of the individual contribution of a person to the society and working community.
Why do we felicitate?
Therefore even in the new age of conferences, social events, gatherings, ceremonies, retirement parties a Shawl is presented/ adorned to the VIP/ dignitary/ guest. It is considered a rich felicitation present and signifies respect and gratitude.
What can I say instead of congratulations?
- felicitations. Congratulations! Well done! 121.
- kudos. Credit or praise for an achievement; glory; fame.
- congrats. (Informal) A short form of congratulations.
- good-for-you. An exclamation of encouragement.
- good work.
- way-to-go. (Idiomatic) an expression of congratulations approval. Advertisement.
- best wishes.
How do you respond to felicitations?
Dear Sir, Thank You for your letter requesting me to preside over the felicitation ceremony for Mrs. Hemevati Rani Singhania. I heartily and gratefully accept this offer.
How do you write a felicitation?
Begin the letter with the words ‘Dear Sir or Madam’ or Name of the person. Start by conveying the purpose of the letter, like, “You are being offered promotion based on your performance. End the letter with, ‘Best Wishes or ‘Regards’ Yours Truly. Finally, write your name.
What is the synonym of felicitation?
In this page you can discover 10 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for felicitate, like: congratulate, praise, greet, reject, wish one joy, salute, compliment, commend, hail and condemn.
What is dogmatic in English?
1: characterized by or given to the expression of opinions very strongly or positively as if they were facts a dogmatic critic.
What are facilitation skills?
Facilitation skills are the abilities you use to provide opportunities and resources to a group of people that enable them to make progress and succeed. Some examples include being prepared, setting guidelines, being flexible, active listening and managing time.
What word means to make easier?
To facilitate means to make something easier. If your best friend is very shy, you could facilitate her efforts to meet new people. Facilitate comes from the Latin facilis, for “easy.” It means to make something easier or more likely to happen.